Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm not going to lie....

Today has been one of those kinda lonely days, one of those infrequent days when I acutely sense/feel the hole where our little child should be.

So, I admit I burst into tears when I opened this email from Anne, entitled, "CONGRATULATIONS."


Dear Michael and Jana,

Congratulations, you are now Gladney approved and ready to begin the dossier and ultimately the referral phase of your adoption process. I am mailing you both an approval packet with your approval certificate and quarterly training information for your “approved and waiting” period.......




(Thankfully we're already well into the dossier process!!!)

18 comments:

Travelisticamente! said...

Congratulations! This is great news!

kristen said...

Congratulations!

Angie said...

hey there! congrats on your gladney approval ~ looks like we are on a very similar timeline! it will be so fun to follow your journey and who knows...maybe we'll meet in ET! :)

Beau Fournet said...

I know how sweet that news is. Each stage of the process is so rewarding to reach! Congratulations...celebrating with you!

Shawn and Jami said...

Yay!

Kellsey said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What fantastic news!

I was excited for you before, but I must admit that now that I might be getting a little Ethiopian niece or nephew I am even more excited. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are now being open about having begun this process as well. they are not going through Gladney, though. Anyways, they have received approval for the first part of the process. Their next thing is a home study (I think). Anyways, YEA, YEA, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amazing grace said...

Hooray!!!!

emily said...

That is great news- any step closer is wonderful!!

jennifer said...

Congratulations....you will be officially waiting before you know it!

Rebecca said...

YAY!! So fun when you feel like you're one step closer!!

~Laura~ said...

woo hoo!!! This is FABULOUS news!! Congrats! I can't WAIT to get that email. :)

MissHannah said...

Oh sweet friend, what wonderful news. I'm so happy.

Lizard said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats friend!!!!

HoodMama said...

Yippee! Great news!

Lori said...

It's so great that you're fully into the dossier process too. You're going to be Waiting officially before you know it. I'm so happy for you guys.

Christina said...

Congrats! That is the best feeling to be finally waiting!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

obligato said...

I know......its so hard i feel the same way you do!!!