
We are back from DC--many thanks go out to our sweet friends Lisa and Kyu, who hosted us, especially Lisa, who carted us around the city each day, anxious that we not miss out on anything. Highlights for me included: visiting the Lincoln Memorial at night as a light mist fell, eating yummy food in Georgetown, and the folk art section of the American Art museum. I also saw my first real-life Diebenkorn and Thiebaud there. Emily, we ate at Marrakesh one evening--we loved it, and our waitress was Ethiopian! I seriously think our belly dancer was, like, fourteen.
While we stood in line for tickets to visit the interior of the Capitol, the police quickly shooed everyone off the lawn because of a "suspicious package" situation. This seemed like a great time to snap a picture with Lisa:

Before we arrived in DC, sweet Lisa found a cool little coffee shop called Sidamo, owned by Ethiopians and demonstrating a traditional coffee ceremony to customers every Sunday. Come last Sunday, can you guess where we were??

Wafting the freshly-roasted coffee yumminess:

"Mr. Preeeeesident! Geeoooorge! Helloooo!" (from the top of the Kennedy Center:)

I know Meredith and Shasta have tagged me--thanks guys! I will get to it soon.

8 comments:
Glad that you guys had a great time away...miss you both:) Happy Lord's Day!
jami
Oh how fun....
The coffee ceremony looks very cool - glad you had a good time! -Shasta
How much fun!! Was your waitress that gorgeous young Ethiopian? She was working the night we went, but wasn't our waitress.
The belly dancers, they are a hoot! I'm glad you had fun.
I love that you got to experience a traditional coffee ceremony too.
Silly Liz...I thought you were ACTUALLY planning a trip to Marrakesh. It was totally in my norm for you. : )
I'm glad you had fun!! I've never been to DC.
Looks like you guys had a great time!
The coffee ceremony sounds real unique...every Sunday? That is fun. Did you get even more excited about your future trip to Ethiopia? Yah!
YEA for you guys! I am so glad that you got to take this trip. It sounds like it was definitely a great experience.
I am most excited that you got to have the coffee ceremony. What a treat!
aww... i'm glad you guys had such a great trip.
i love you guys :)
Post a Comment