Sunday, April 27, 2008

Texiopia.

On Saturday night the sweet Fournet family hosted a lovely DFW get-together, complete with yummy Ethiopian food, yummy wine, and yummy petit-fours with the Ethiopian flag on top! So cute. And the night wouldn't have been quite right without a few beautiful Ethio children to meet and stare at. Everytime I looked at Michael he was flirting with little Nevaeh, pictured below in her mother Emily's lap.


Here are the waiting mothers (!):


Who's that really pale girl on the bottom right? That girl needs some *sun*.

8 comments:

emily said...

Boo, you have no idea how much we hated to miss this event!! Who plays baseball at 8 pm on a Sat night?? I miss seeing you! Looks like it was fun. :)

Unknown said...

oh, she's beautiful!!!!

J, A, T and Y said...

How fun....so cool to have so many friends all going through the same thing!!!!!

Amy said...

Looks fun and I think the girl on the bottom right is cute and has cute new hair!

That little girl is pretty precious stuff...

Ally said...

Jana,
It looks like I was too busy gabbing to get in the photo!!!
Anyway, I didn't know you all had a blog so I'm checking it out today after seeing your link from the yahoo site. I'm so sorry we didn't get to talk with you and Michael much at the party.. there were so many people! But what a delight to see so many excited, awaiting parents, intermingling with a few of us delightfully blessed by already having our children in our arms. Hang in there!!! It is absolutely, totally, 100% worth the wait! In fact, all the waiting and paperwork pains melt away when you first hold your precious child, on that very first day. It is completely surreal. In fact, when I first held Reece, I thought, "Is he really mine? All I had to do was fill out that silly paperwork and pay $24,000?!" It seemed like NOTHING, compared to the magnitude of becoming Reece's mother.
Anyway, Christian and I would love to have a double date with you guys some time! I guess you all are busier than we are... let us know when you have an opening!

Jana said...

Ok, so maybe we should just move there to join your group. :) It looks like a lot of fun!!
-the "other" Jana :)

Lizard said...

How fun Jana-and I love the little cut-so cute on you!!

Amber said...

You know what is so funny, I have been reading "this pale girl's" blog since the beginning and I didn't realize that it's the same girl I ate dinner with at the same table at the Dallas Ethiopia group. How funny!
Amber