
Reading: The Moviegoer by Walker Percy.
Watching: recent Lost episodes I've missed due to work.
Hoping: that we get our referral awfully soon, and that Chris and Shasta pass court on June 3rd!
Laughing: at my student Doehui's hilarious narration of how nearly all his tropical fish died, and how he then bought a "tiny lobster" (ie. a crab) who wasn't supposed to hurt the remaining fish, and then how the "tiny lobster" ended up pinching all the remaining fish in half, whereupon his father killed the "tiny lobster."
Wondering: if this article would be of any help to those of you traveling soon!!
Including: a random picture of a meerkat, because meerkats are always funny, even when you're waiting for referral or a court date.
Have a great weekend.

8 comments:
no jet lag AND you can fit into those skinny jeans!!
i also think meerkats are funny. have you ever watched Meerkat Manor on the Animal Planet channel?
Hmm. Skipping meals for 16 hours seems like a good way to make me VERY CRANKY! And if we travel together, you really are not going to want to see the whole other grace that appears when I am hungry. She is so persnikity- I don't like her; you wouldn't either.
So that plan is not going to work for me:)
i personally have no doubt that i will be snarfing everything in sight in the hours before i travel......
You gotta tell me how you like The Moviegoer. It's the only Percy book I've read, following the suggestion of one my writer friends who's a Percy enthusiast...
Ryan Brown came to our house yesterday to do one of our required post-placement visits. I beat him up for you guys and threatened further action if the Funderburk referral was not processed immediately. He had terror in his eyes, but I got no straight answer...sorry!
Michael,
You mentioned you guys are at a PCA church--is it PCPC by any chance? We know some folks there--just curious.
www.girlyswirls.blogspot.com
Thanks for the nice wishes. Shasta's not feeling super-optimistic because so many court dates have failed in the last two weeks, but today we nevertheless went and bought some diapers.
I love your Vampire Weekend and other videos. The EmmyLou Harris reminded me of a short essay I read once, a man who remembered E.H. fondly because all the time his father had cancer and couldn't sleep, the father would get up and go listen to her in his truck in the driveway (so as not to wake his wife). That story makes her voice all the sadder and more beautiful to me -- I wasn't going to mention it because we have enough sadness, need more beauty, but I guess they're often connected.
Except in the case of those meercats, who are just goofy pretty.
Thank you for the hope! I need it! I'm also hoping for you and that you get your referral soon. I can't wait for you to see those pictures and fall in love! -Shasta
Hey guys...I was talking to a NSP friend and heard about your blog.
Congrats on the adoption. We are so excited for you both!
Missed seeing you at the Kerr's over the weekend...
Kerry
Post a Comment