Monday, July 23, 2007

oh my goodness.





This video starts a little slowly, but is definitely worth watching in its entirety...This is footage of 3 Ethiopian boys seeing pictures of (and receiving presents from) their soon-to-be adoptive parents. All 3 boys have been adopted into the same family. So beautiful.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh, my..i have tears streaming down my face. thank you for sharing this.

emily said...

Love this video- his appreciation for that red ball cap....wow! When do you guys head south??

Jana said...

hey emily! we head south on the first of aug. :)

dawn said...

Beautiful. I was truly moved.

The boys watched some of it with me and we had a great conversation about adoption. They are very intrigued now. They had lots of questions...such as...Will the baby always be brown?(can you guess who asked that one?) When will they go get "our" baby? How long do they have to stay in Ethiopia? How old will the baby be? What if they go and instead of a girl they give them a boy? That will make a lot of boys in our family!

I am glad that I got to share this with them. They will add it to their prayer list and will pray for it every night.

We love you!

Susy Q said...

Hi,

My name is Susanna and I am (almost) 16 years old. My family very recently (three weeks ago!) brought my 18-month-old sister home from Ethiopia, and it was an incredible experience. I just wanted to add my congratulations to you and wish you good luck on this wild but amazing journey! I can't wait to read more.

-Susanna
Big Sis to two bio brothers (11 and 8) and one sister (18 mos.) from Ethiopia
http://www.bigsisdiaries.blogspot.com

P.S. Thanks for posting this video! It was beautiful.

Jana said...

Dawn---I LOVE their questions!!!!! How sweet that they so intrigued. Please tell them that we greatly appreciate their prayers--we need them. I know M. will be super tickled to read about their questions. They are going to be such sweet friends to their little brown cousin! :)

Michael said...

Susanna: Thanks or stopping by our blog! I noticed on your blog that you've been to Morocco. Me too!Your new little sister is quite the cutie pie.

Thank you for your comments. We'll be stopping by your blog too. Michael