Friday, March 28, 2008

10 things.

Tagged by Meredith and Shasta:

1. I just finished reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. The writing wasn't so good, but I loved the story.

2. I am a little compulsive about simplicity. (Example: I go on a closet-cleaning rampage every so often, getting rid of clothing and shoes. Generally I then realize I went a little overboard and have almost nothing to wear.) There are two reasons for this: 1. I am interested in simplicity as a spiritual discipline, and 2. I am totally ADD and lots of stuff and activity really overwhelms me.

3. This week I hope to buy a croquet set and have friends over for a game on the lawn.

4. For a couple of years I lived in a neighborhood with one of the highest juvenile crime rates in the country. Some of my most valued memories are from that time period.

5. I think reading and traveling are my two favorite leisure activities.

6. I would love to live in NYC someday.

7. Being a follower of Jesus is my most important identifier.

8. I am thrilled and terrified about becoming a mother.

9. My husband is my closest friend and I miss him terribly when we don't see each other because of busy schedules, etc.

10. Regarding my faith in Jesus, I am like the father in the book of Mark: "I believe, help my unbelief!

8 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

wonderul post, jana!

i love you.

i'm sad you and michael don't get more time together... you have such a sweet relationship. i sort of hope to be you one day :)

graceling said...

Thank you for sharing, Jana! That was a great post:)

Unknown said...

Jana,

Your postings are always wonderful. But I had to laugh when I read your comment about buying a croquet set and playing on your lawn. My first thought was: "You can see your lawn?" Just when I thought winter was over (we've had over 120 inches of snow this winter), I woke up to see it snowing again! We have had 7 inches since dawn. I haven't seen my lawn since November. We still have 20 inches of base on our property. You're welcome to come over for some cross-country skiing!

What number are you now?

m&r said...

What a great post! Thanks so much for taking part in the game of tag. :)

MissHannah said...

Hey Girl! I'm sorry about your cold. That is so funny I never knew that about your closet cleaning...ummm what do you do with all the stuff, you know we almost wear the same shoe size.

I love you and I'd love see you soon.

huntington said...

Jana, you're a funny one --you have such a quiet and spiritual list of thoughts and then, suddenly, croquet!

I imagine you and Michael playing a crazy Alice-in-Wonderland kind of game on the lawn.

Good luck with the closets! It's endless, isn't it? I think it's in our biology, as toolmakers, to collect $#@#$@ on the remote chance it will be useful someday.

Chris

Unknown said...

Love your list - thanks for sharing! I remember adoring A Tree Grows in Brooklyn many years ago. Maybe I'll pick it up again and see if the writing holds up. -Shasta

emily said...

I want to play croquet with you! Bring it to the Fournets for some good fun:)

We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Hope you are feeling better.