Monday, June 9, 2008

Have Mercy.

Soooo, the last week has been...intense.

Michael and I know a dear family--the Rhea's. We attend church with them; I have taught private art classes to their adoptive daughters for the past two years (they are homeschooled.) I am in their home twice a week because of this---lots of quality time with the Rhea's. I love it. I love their faith, and I love the way they do adoption so well; they inspire both of us. Their sweet daughters (and sweet son) are adopted from Cambodia, China, and the San Antonio foster care system. Here are some of those precious girls (I took these pictures over a year ago):











Remember how I'm going to have a shower? It was Akemi Rhea's idea and will be at her home. I remember one day last year I sat, tearily, on Akemi's couch and told her our struggle with when/if to pursue adoption. I was worried about the cost. Akemi, full of faith, promised that the Lord would provide. And you know what? He did--miraculously.

Last Saturday morning, the 31st, Akemi called me with truly terrible news. Her biological son, Adrain, had been stabbed to death very early that same morning.



I love these people.

Akemi has asked all of us to spread the word regarding the search for Adrain's murderer, so here I am. Please watch this news story--A's killer is still on the run, and considered armed and dangerous. There's a nationwide warrant out for his arrest.

As our pastor, Rich, prayed at Adrain's funeral, "Let his murderer be brought to justice, Lord. And then, let him be brought to mercy."

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad Jana. I will pray.

Lori said...

This has brought me to tears. What an amazing family. I'll be thinking of them and praying that those in need of justice and mercy will find it.

graceling said...

Oh Jana, I am so sorry for their loss. I'll be praying.

dawn said...

I am so sorry Jana. There are no words.

emily said...

Oh the heartbreak! So sad. I'm so sorry for them.

Natalie Fournet said...

Oh Jana how horrible....I am so sad for this precious family and their loss. I prayed for them and am hurting for them .

I need to call you...I've been thinking of you a lot lately....Praying for you too!

~Laura~ said...

oh gosh! That's so sad. :( I will be praying for them.

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

I love seeing the girls with their paintings, (which are so expressive and full of life)! And remembering all our art adventures with children.

My heart goes out to your friends in the tragic loss of their son.God will meet them in this. But so sorry and pray even now for the person responsible to be brought to justice and to Jesus.

Tara said...

My heart aches for this sweet family...I am crying for them now and will be praying often in the next few weeks. I am so sorry Jana!

Colored With Memories said...

Wow. We are so sad to hear this shocking news. Prayers going heavenward.