Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Flights, booked.

People, we leave in a tiny bit over TWO WEEKS. We booked our flight THIS AFTERNOON. Oh, joy, oh madness.

We are going to stay in Rome for a few days before Africa. Because, when your flight is going to refuel there anyway, how can you NOT stay for a few days? Plus, it will give us (and by that I mean crazy-sleeping-me) some time to get over jet lag. I would love to meet our daughter when I'm not completely slap-happy and disoriented. Oh, those of you who've traveled with me before know what I'm talking about. Hi, Sarah!

Tomorrow I book our lodging in Rome and Addis Ababa. More later!

18 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh such happy happy news! We are thrilled for the three of you and cannot wait to meet your sweet baby. Will begin praying for safe travel now.

Natalie Fournet said...

Oh joy, oh madness I agree! We are so excited for you guys!

Jess Connell said...

I can't wipe this smile off my face. What an absolutely wonderful piece of news this has been. God has given you a daughter! (And an ADORABLE one at that!).

Rejoicing with you!
~Jess (and Doug)

Lori said...

One of the best parts of our trip was the 16 hour layover in London where we got a Yotel room/pod (Japanese-style) for 12 hours and blissed out before our 6am flight to Addis (via Amsterdam and Khartum). OF course, I wasn't able to sleep the whole way to London so those hours in a pod were just so wonderful. Oh, and ambien helps a lot too :)

solas4me said...

So Happy for you! Congratulations on making it through court!

Would you be willing to take our sweet little girl a small gift? Our little "A" is 14 mos. old- our girls might be roomies :) You can contact us through our blog
"A Darling Life" or email me directly at mdarling_1972@yahoo.com

God Bless!

Tami said...

Your daughter is beautiful! congratulations!

Lizard said...

This is SO REAL!!!!

Meredith said...

Wow! Best Thanksgiving Ever!

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

So glad Rome worked out! What an extravaganza! Even though it's November, you MUST try the icecream there. We lived on it. It is heavenly.

Congratulations again! And blessings for a smooth trip in every way.

Jocelyn said...

I am so excited for you guys!! We will have to meet half way and play one day when Ruthie is home!! YAY!!!

Kat & Stacy said...

I have a great hotel recommendation in Rome if you need one...my two girlfriends and I stayed there about 3 years ago. http://www.residenzafarneseroma.it/default_en.asp
It's right off Campo Fiori and near the river. You could walk to the Vatican if you wanted. Very safe, very friendly, and -3 years ago-very good deal for the money (Rome is expensive). Good luck and have fun! Oh--and Ruthie is ADORABLE!

Rebecca said...

Two weeks! You are so close to being on your way. The next two weeks are just going to be a blur. Happy packing :)

Laurzie said...

HOOORAAYYYYYY!!!

Bennett said...

Your daughter looks like the R&B singer John Legend a bit....

She is a cutie congrats.. have a safe and wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

A huge congrats! We're anxoiusly awaiting our court date of Dec. 5th. So excited for you guys. Little Ruthie is GORGEOUS! Praying all the travel plans work out. Look forward to following along!

los cazadores said...

Super amazing - very excited for you guys!!!

Cindy

alohaloa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Another step closer to your baby! WHOO HOO!!!