hello all and greetings from ethiopia...ruthie is a sweetheart...we
picked her up on monday about two hours after getting off the plane.
we were exhausted but adrenaline carried us through. she is doing
well and is attaching to us well. she is pretty laid back but she
also has a bit of the feisty in her. she likes to walk while holding
on to our hands, seeing herself in the mirror, and was confused when
we put shoes on her feet--she has never worn them before. she is also
a real trooper. she went with us yesterday to a coffee ceremony,
lunch with other adopting families, and then to the u.s. embassy for
her visa. she sleeps well and is eating well too.
i will try to send some pictures at some point if i can. ethiopia is
beautiful. the people are also beautiful and very hospitable. the
poverty, however, is heartbreaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

30 comments:
So exciting...what a marvelous Thanksgiving for your family!
Isn't Ethiopia awesome! We loved it!
Have fun!
So glad to hear about sweet Ruthie in your arms! Can't wait to see pictures:)
I'm so glad Ruthie is with her family!! I'm sure you all are loving being with her. Can't wait to see the new family of three!
Funderburks, we are thrilled to read an update! We've been praying & stalking your family for news:) We can't wait to see photos of precious Ruthie!!!
Praying your new family HOME!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Thankful for the update. We have been praying. Have a most wonderful Thanksgiving! Cannot wait to see pics of y'all together.
WHOOHOOO!!! So thankful she's in your arms! Enjoy that sweet baby!
So glad to hear that you made it alright and that you are holding your sweet Ruthie. We can't wait to see pictures of your trip when you get back!
The Darlings
Wow, that sure does bring back a ton of memories! I'm so glad to hear she's finally in your arms... It's wonderful and amazing and so beautiful! Looking forward to photos!
yay an update! yay you have Ruthie!
Much love to you three!
I am so excited for you all and glad Ruthie is with her parents. Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait to see pics! Praying for continued safe travels!
so glad to hear that al is well,,,we love you guys!
so so thrilled for the update!!!! Can't wait to see the pics and read more. You're in our prayers and enjoy this momentous trip!!! Love M
So glad to hear an update from you guys...can't wait to hear more...have safe travels home with your sweet girl!
So glad to hear an update! Sounds like an amazing journey. Cannot wait to hear more.
feisty, yet laid back? sound like a great combo! i am sure she is precious!
the McLeods are rejoicing with you as your family grows! Praying for you overseas and on the return home. Love and blessings!!!
Ha! she sounds a lot like Honor! How fun. The feisty side will be a good thing in the long run, but it does make like interesting in the now. ;-)
I am so excited for you guys!
I'm so glad to hear that you are having a blast with your baby girl. I can't wait to see pics of you guys together.
I'm so glad things are going well! We've been thinking about you and praying for you!
So happy that you are finally all together!! A TRUELY happy thanksgiving!! x Kelli
Can't wait to hear more. Thanks for giving us an update. Enjoy every minute!
big time x's and o's!
SO happy for all of you!
We're thinking about you guys a lot. ;) I was really excited to read your update and hear that you were finally with little Ruthie.
Much Love.
Wowowowow - that is an awesome update. So glad to read you are with your gorgeous Ruthie!!!
Cindy
What tremendous feelings! Exhaustion and adrenaline! and more in importantly, Ruthie with you guys! We couldn't be more excited and happy for you guys! Enjoy your new addition, and all the firsts!
Just found your blog. The timing couldn't be better. Congratulations to you. Ruthie is so cute. By this time next year I should have my own cute little girl from E. Hopefully by this summer. Enjoy your time in E with your precious daughter.
I loved that last picture of the two of you. Ruthie makes a good picture too. . .
The idea of Ruthie, surprised by shoes (these shoes you've been saving), is beautiful --I hope you're taking hundreds of pictures and making a thousand woodcuts in your mind. And I hope you share some of them. You're such a beautiful family.
Tracking with you. Praying for you.
Looking forward to seeing you when you're home....Which is when?
Best holiday ever!
Post a Comment