Monday, November 3, 2008

We are going to AFRICA!!!!

Introducing our sweet, sweet Ruthie Tagesech.

*Edited to add: Some snappy music chosen by Michael.







Thank you, thank you for all your prayers

89 comments:

Lizard said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coffeemom said...

OH JOY OH JOY OH JOY!!!! A first pass, you lucky duck!! I've been stalking and am so thrilled for you!!!! Woohhoooo! God is good, all the time! Celebrate, go big! Congratulations, thanks be to God!

Love M

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I have been refreshing all morning! Jana, this is amazing! We are so excited for you and Michael! Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!!!

Yay!

Praise Jesus!!

Yay!

Carol said...

Best! News! Ever! So happy for you three! Can't wait for more details.

Robin said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful feeling!!!!

Unknown said...

I've been stalking your blog - waiting for this awesome news! Congratulations - can't wait to see pictures!!!

CHRISTY said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

graceling said...

Praise God! Yea! Hooray!

I am so excited for you- can't wait to see you all together!

wads and bob said...

I am in tears watching the video! Welcome to the church family, Ruthie :) Can't wait to meet her.

los cazadores said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! She is amazingly beautiful!! Love her smile!! Congratulations!!! Craig and I are really happy for you guys!

Cindy

graceling said...

Oh man, I love that girl. Your pictures are great:)

Lori said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW...!!!

Kat & Stacy said...

WAHOO!! I've been stalking the FBI list all morning... This is the kind of news we all needed today! xoxo-kat
ps--could she be any cuter?! wow!

Jocelyn said...

I AM SO EXCITED for you guys, I've been stalking all morning!! She is just beautiful and that smile just melts your heart! Congrats...Congrats!! I can't wait to meet Ruthie!! WOOHOOO!!!

Julie said...

HOOOOOORRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!

She is Beautiful!

Shelly Roberts said...

YOU MADE IT!!!!! Rejoicing with you guys!!! :) Blessings, Shelly

dawn said...

Praise be to God.
It's time.

emily said...

Praise the Lord for His sweet gift of Ruthie! She is more yummy in person- if that is possible. :) I am so very excited for you guys! You have no idea what a boost this is for the morale at Casa Alexander.

Dianne said...

Oh how wonderful! Congratulations!

Susan and Chad said...

The best news ever! CONGRATULATIONS to your new family! Many blessings!

J, A, T and Y said...

Many, many congratulations.....so happy for you guys! What a sweetie!

Jennifer said...

Praise God! Can't wait to meet her!

Amy B. said...

Oh Congratulations you guys. She is so gorgeous!!! We are rejoicing with you today.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Was there ever a cuter, sweeter girl? I doubt it!

christina said...

praise God! we're so happy for you!

Jim and Debbie said...

What a gorgeous gift from God!! Congratulations and best wishes to you all!

Nicholas said...

She is just amazing and priceless!Congratulations Jana!! Woo hoo!!

Praying for a speedy travel date!

Jen said...

So happy for you. You must be over the moon.

Colored With Memories said...

wooooo hooooo!!

are your feet even touching the ground?

her smile. her eyes. her hair. oh, i could just eat her up!

Natalie Fournet said...

Praising God!!! What wonderful news! I CAN"T wait to see you with her in your arms....YEAH!!!!!

amazing grace said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!REJOICING WITH YOU!!!!

Gracen and I just watched the video like 5 times--and she giggles and says''Ooooh Cute!"

Elizabeth Lyons said...

She. Is. BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

Liz

msl said...

I'm soooo happy for you!!! She's absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!!!!!

jen said...

Instantly crying!! I'm so happy for you!!

Meredith said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc and Charity said...

Hi, I've been reading along for a while now and am so pleased for you!!!! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Congratulations...she is adorable!

Ladybugs appear said...

so happy for you guys and ruthie!!!! amazing stuff. amy

Rebecca said...

Ruthie is beautiful! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Judy said...

Woo! I prayed so sincerely for you this morning. God is as good to us as ever!!!! Jana and Michael Funderburk... This is YOUR LIFE! :-)

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

Awesome!!!! We are so excited for you guys. I am so happy to hear some happy news on the Ethiopian adoption front! Maybe this will be the start to lots more good news. She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!!!!

Monica said...

Congratulations, Jana! I'm so happy for you! Ruthie is adorable!

Gretchen said...

We are rejoicing with you on this most beautiful of days!

Congratulations dear sweet Jana. Congratulations.

xoxo, Courtney

m&r said...

HOORAY!!! We are thrilled for you and cannot wait for you to meet your sweet girl! Go celebrate!!!

Ryane said...

YEA!!! So excited for you guys! She is so cute!!

Now get outta here and go get that sweet baby!

Ryane

Christina said...

CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

Tears of JOY are running down my face for you all and your sweet Ruthie! November 3rd is a great day! It's our precious Luke's birthday and the day we found out he was our's, exactly one year ago.
Congratulations!!

~Laura~ said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you. Ruthie is amazing. You'll be there soon...love and kiss on my girl for me, will you?

Jill said...

oh, she's beautiful. that video made me cry and i don't even know you! i'm a friend of lori rooney's. Congratulations!

DrewCareyShow said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She. is. LOVELY! So excited for you guys!!!

Renee said...

YEAH!!!! What a wonderful day!
Renee

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Jana, I don't remember if I have commented on your blog before or not but I have been following your blog after seeing the link on Lindsay's blog. Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

Faith said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you!
God bless you and your travels.

Cindy said...

She is beautiful! Congrats!!!!!

kerri said...

okay, excuse me, I have to go watch that video again. A and J loving it too. :)

Sam said...

Oh shes beautiful congrats on making it thru on the first try!
hooray

Elisabeth said...

Hooraaaaaaaaaaay!

Joy of joys!!

ellen

Maria said...

So happy for you and your new family!

Erica said...

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!

Nikki said...

I've been a lurker/stalker....Huge Congratulations for you guys! Thanking God for your great day! Ruthie is a beauty!

Blessings,
Nikki

Michelle said...

She is so beautiful. I just found your blog from the Barna's. Congratulations.

Margo said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is precious!!!

kristen said...

*SINGING DOXOLOGY*

I am SO excited for you! Congratulations!

obligato said...

amazing amazing amazing she is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie

Lee Ann said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations!

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

Know your heart is full tonight! Breathing a sigh of relief with you!

Praying for all the details to come!

It was wonderful to see you yesterday.

We love you and look forward to meeting your little girl.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! My sister's name is Ruthie. Love the name! She's 23 and still goes by Ruthie... she gets tons of compliments on it:-)

Lindsay said...

Oh, sweet Jana, that is such excellent news! I loved getting to hug your neck yesterday. =)

sojourner said...

Just now had a chance to check your blog and see what happened today...my father-in-law was 90 today and we were celebrating...but not as much or as joyfully as you and Michael must be. What a blessing...and what a sweet girl. Wishing we were in Dallas when you return. PTL!

Cathy Little

Anonymous said...

Ruthie is gorgeous! Love the name, love the face.

What a precious baby!

Leah Reeves said...

Congratulations!!!!!!You must be pround parents, she is beautiful!

Claudia said...

saw your wonderful news via Ted and Lori's blog. Congratulations! What a wonderful day!

The Grovers said...

I was in Florida all weekend with college friends and hated to miss your shower but we prayed for you yesterday morning at breakfast. Even my college friends are excited for you! :) I will try to drop off your gift sometime this week!

Amber said...

Congratulations, that is so exciting! It may have seemed like a long wait but now the time is flying!

HeatherV said...

Wow, you have so many comments.

First off congrats. Such exciting news. I read on the big adoption board that your daughter was relinquished and your agency got a document that you needed to pass. Do you know if they had to go through a new agency in Ethiopia? I am just trying to do everything I can to help us get through court (in 2 weeks and 1 day). We have had a hard road as our first son in Ethiopia passed away in July and I am just ready to bring our 2nd little boy home. Anyway, if you have time and know what all your agency did to get your relinquished case to pass I'd love to know. You can email me at heather_vaz@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much. Congrats again on your little girl. She is beautiful. Enjoy the next few weeks as your prepare to travel.

MultiTodd said...

Congratulations! She's such a doll. Can't wait to meet her.

Sharon and Todd Meyers

Natalie Fournet said...

Michael I love the new music...had to watch it a few more times:)

Tara said...

I keep coming back to look at her sweet picture- what a DOLL!!! Congrats over and over, PRAISE GOD!!!

Special Delivery said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations and safe travels!

Paul and DeeDee said...

YAY! We are so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet miss ruthie! Did the Newsome's pass as well?

Nikki said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!

Nikki
www.ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Yiippeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congratulations!
Blessings,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your husband Jana! What a beautiful baby girl! I just stumbled upon your blog tonight and how thrilled I was to find it with such great news. I will never forget getting our call, for our referral and then about our travel date! Now our darling girl has been home almost 8 months! Will be checking in to see how things progress and will be keeping you all in prayer!
Blessings to you,
Kristin
www.irishopian.blogspot.com

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Oh my, she is a doll baby! Congratulations and good juju for speedy travel!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!!

Dianne said...

Congratulations!!!!

She is so cute.

Cara said...

Okay, I was weeping tears of joy by the time I read through all of the comments. It is just so special to me to see all of the love and support God has given y'all and Ruthie. I am honored to be one more voice of congratulations. She is beautiful. She is beautiful. She is beautiful.

Kari said...

Congratulations!!!!!
We heard the news from Dawn:)))
We can't wait to watch the rest of your journey!
THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!
Blessings,
Kari:)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!! Your baby girl is beautiful!!!
Jenny