So, I am running a bit behind on this, but yesterday was the greatest day in our little corner of adoption land. Four sweet families passed court. Four families will leave within weeks to travel to Africa to pick up their sweet ones. Please go congratulate the Ivy's, the Clevingers, Laura, and Sarah and Davis and check out the sweet little mugs of their newest additions!!!! We had the privilege of visiting the Ivy boys while we were in Addis, as well as little Mercy, Laura's baby. Oh, it fills me with happiness.
Congrats, all of you!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
which day this week do you guys want to come over or we can come over there? With or without the boys. we could do either:)
Promise to come back!
Thank you so much! ((hugs))
Hey Jana!
Our projected wait back in Sept (when our dossier arrived in E) was only 6 months...now we're currently seeing 10-11months. Eek. The wait is definitely hard...seems like 6 months would have been so easy now that we're at the 5mth mark :)
So, if you want to pray for us we would be so thankful.
It's always great meeting new people who understand the "hurry up and wait" feelings simply b/c they've walked the path.
Oh - and the video of Ruthie is too cute.
And...that "come on up and visit" offer definitely stands! :)
Ashleigh
"Jana is hanging on to her belief in Jesus by her little bitten-off fingernails." Now that's tough, true love worth fighting for!
Jana, thanks so much for posting (twice no less!). I love everything you said. To be honest, I loved everything everybody said. That post was a doozy to write, but the warm response that flooded in was so encouraging, and so uplifting. I'm so happy to be here, having these conversations with all of you.
Also, Places in the Heart is one of my FAVORITE movies. I've seen it countless times but for some reason I can only ever quote the little girl saying "Step down! Step down!" to John Malkovich during the tornado.
I'm waiting for your pictures to download on the post right above this one, so I've gone for this post to leave my comment (now you know why it seems so random)....
Dearest Jana-
Guess what I got the other day?! Three incredible, richly colored beads from a cowgirl all the way in Dallas! YEE-HAW!
I can't wait to put the necklace together to see it in all it's glory- all colors, all shapes, all sizes, each one sent with love and squeezed in next to each other.
I loved the note you included on the lovely, lovely note card (did you do the blossoms on purpose Jana girl?). "Love always hopes...." Indeed, indeed. If it weren't for hope, well.
And the beads?! Love them! The shape, the color? GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see those beautiful tropical flowers in person....
Thank you, dear Jana, thank you. I am honored to know you in this strange (yet fully connected) fashion....
Know I will forever cherish your beads, your words. It truly means the world to me.
Love,
Courtney
Post a Comment