Sunday, February 15, 2009

Status Update

Current State of Mind: caffeine-jittery and "Oh, I still have to...."

Reading: Way too many things with my tutoring students. To Kill a Mockingbird, My Name is Asher Lev, A Wrinkle in Time, Island of the Blue Dolphins, and The Hobbit. On a related sidenote, Michael and I are pretty sure that we both have students who are hiring Strong Bad to write their essays.

Watching: Nothing. We don't have a TV anymore. WHEN WOULD I WATCH TV? I'm teaching through 97 books right now.

Thinking: about our future. That's all I have to say about that.

Loving: my little Ru and how she is currently mimicking our handgestures and vocal tones. It is amazin' cute. Amazin' cute.




Hating: that I'm still not cloth diapering. Parasites have a way of dampening one's cloth ambitions.

Why: am I blogging? I need to clean the house. I am avoiding. Yes. But I am thinking of all of you, too. All of you slogging through referral waits, court date waits.


I pray for you.

11 comments:

Tricia said...

ok, you made me laugh with the Strong Bad thing. Way funny. Whip those kids into shape, Teacher!!

So glad you are enjoying sweet Ruthie. She's a beauty. And very blessed to have y'all for a mama and papa!

HoodMama said...

She's such a cutie! Michelle Wilson told me to read My Name is Asher Lev. I'm about to start it and am a little intimidated.

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I did not know you wanted to cloth diaper. We do about 50% of the time, at least when at home. Let me know if you need any tips when you get started.

Ladybugs appear said...

I got my hairclips and I LOVE THEM more than I even though. thank you thank you thank you. and Ru is precious.

emily said...

Cute pic of Miss Ruthie. I'm dying to see her again- we need to plan something with Newsomes soon.

Ashleigh said...

The post and pic of Ruth makes it harder to wait but is also a remind of the priceless joy at the end of all this.
Thank you for your thoughts

sojourner said...

Your sweet girl is just too cute! What joy I read in your words. Say "hello" to Michael and hugs to all of you.

mama becca said...

such a sweet, sweet girl. so beautiful. I hear ya on the parasite thing... be patient with yourself... takes awhile!
becca

jen said...

Great update! We had the same issue with cloth diapers. Sam had Crypto-spiridia and Giardia when he came home. It took us an entire year to get rid of that Giardia. I hope Ru is free of hers much sooner.
Also, I really loved a Wrinkle in Time when I was little.

~Laura~ said...

sweetie Ru. I need to snuggle her. She's so precious.

Praying you guys get rid of your yucky poops so you can move onto cloth. I'm counting on being in sposies for a couple months so I didn't even bother with small cloth dipes.

Amber said...

What a cutie! No tv? Wow, that is impressive!