
Lately I've been trying to figure out what this blog should look like now that we're gearing up to join Gladney staff and move. I'm still not sure. Thus the lack of posting. Scott at Gladney has given me permission to keep on blogging, but honestly I feel a bit weird about staying as involved in the blog world as I have been. Seems a bit inappropriate. So, though I will continue posting here, I am planning to withdraw a bit from commenting on blogs, etc. I hope you understand, and I hope you also understand how much this community has meant to me......and I hope those of you who have become friends will keep in touch by email......anyway, I'm not going anywhere, but wanted you to know my "current state of blogging involvement." Also know that I'll continue to avidly read your blogs.
Ruthie is doing so well. At 15 months, she weighs a whopping 21 pounds and is at the 25th percentile for weight. She is walking, nearly running, all over the place with confidence. There are about 8 words she can say, though she refuses to say them on command. ;)
We are already preparing for our move in late August, though obviously there are some things we can't actually do till it's nearer to moving time: like, sell our cars and furniture. :) One new development I'm excited about is that Michael and I are going to take Amharic lessons! Gladney has connected us with a deacon in a local Ethiopian Orthodox church who is willing to teach us. I know this will help make our transition in Ethiopia easier. TTFN!

7 comments:
Yeow! You are such a terrific writer - you'll just have to email us constantly from Addis! I understand what you are feeling. I could never come to terms with blogging. I was a reporter for DECADES (yes, I'm old) and felt like there were things I wanted to share and others I couldn't - hence we are blogless :-( Give sweet Ruthie a kiss for Rediet and me!
I am so excited for your beautiful family and this journey the Lord has you on. We must figure out a way to keep up with you guys...and your sweet girl.
Jana,
We are so thrilled for your amazing family of 3!!! We will continue to pray & cheer as you prepare to move to our VERY favorite place on earth!! Prayerfully, we can meet one day in Ethiopia!!!
Blessings Indeed!!
xoxo
I love that picture of you guys! We continue to pray for God's blessing and guidance on you all... what a sweet adventure.
So excited for your family. What an incredible opportunity this is! Can't wait to see what God has in store.
The family picture is super cute!
I'm sad you won't be blogging as much...but I'm more than excited about your move to Ethiopia. I'm going to have to live vicariously through you guys :)
YAY for the Amharic lessons! Fantastic. As someone who took way too long to acquire the language of the culture in which she was living, I can testify to the amazing WONDER that comes when that new language finally clicks. The new world you're a part of opens so beautifully. Love you guys.
Post a Comment