Friday, June 8, 2007

Leaning toward Gladney...


Last night, we attended Gladney's presentation on international adoption....Ironically, Gladney was not one of our top choices intially, but we've continued to hear so many good things about their Ethiopian program that it's ended up as our current TOP choice! Kinda funny how those things work....The Gladney rep told us to expect an estimated time frame of about a year---keeping in mind, of course that things can always change. That general time frame would be quite fab, as Michael and I are teachers and would be in the middle of our slower summer schedules a year from now. It would be easier to travel during that time, and obviously wonderful to have some extended time with our new little one. Of course, the best laid plans.....:)


Goal for THIS summer include completing our homestudy and dossier. We'll see!!!


These last few weeks, I've often found myself silently praising God for family members who are thrilled for us, for friends and a church who love us, and for the opportunity to follow after God's heart and adopt an orphan. What a beautiful picture of the gospel adoption is--a picture of the way we have been adopted into God's family as cherished sons and daughters.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just get chills for you when I think of it!

Mexican Beauty said...

I love the sweet photo.

I'm so happy that things are moving along...The thought of you having your baby/child by next summer is so exciting!!! We'll have a super fun baby shower for you in the spring. =)

Mexican Beauty said...

Also wanted to add: I agree that adoption is a BEAUTIFUL picture of the gospel. I hope that we can have the opportunity to adopt in the future.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'm so happy for you guys!

i've heard such good things about gladney.

Renee said...

Jana,
We have been working with Gladney for about 6 weeks now and they have been absolutely wonderful! My questions are answered promptly and they always seem happy to take my call. Good luck!
Renee
www.wewillbringthemhome.blogspot.com

amazing grace said...

So, so, SOOOOO excited for you two!!!!!! Yeah!!! Can't wait to follow this blog!

You all will probaly travel before we go to Taiwan again! Yeah YOU!

leah

Amy said...

Very exciting news! I will tell you that we were told about a year too and it took us 8 months...but I do think the Gladney Ethiopia program has grown in popularity a lot, so it may really be a year now. Oh, that and we did all of our paperwork stuff as promptly as possible....I am sure that made a difference too. :) I'm just sayin'...Spring Break 08' Addis Ababa maybe?? :) pretty fun stuff. Congrats on coming close to a decision on an agency!