Okay, so I think we may be down to TWO agencies that we are interested in pursuing further. I've decided that I would prefer a local agency--that narrows it down a ton. Other things that helped us: some agencies don't allow you to choose gender, etc. It's actually a relief to discover these things--especially when there are so many well-thought-of agencies.
We're going to a presentation next week for one of our top two, and we hope to speak on the phone with the other. Looking forward to more clarity! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jana,
Tonight I spoke with a friend who is in the process of international adoption. She gave me lots of great info to share with you. She has a friend who just recently adopted from Ethiopia. They used an agency called White Horizons. The main thing they loved about this agency was that if there are any living relatives of the child, you can travel to their village to meet them. This family took a trunk with them and the birth grandmother filled it with treasures from their family heritage. Now they have things and pictures to give to this boy once he is old enough to understand.
She also said that their process is shorter than most.
I am so excited for you. What an honor to be the mommy to a child that desperately needs one. You will be so blessed!
thanks, sweet SIL!
I meant to say Wide Horizons, I think...
hey dawn--i am actually familiar with wide horizons--they are a good agency--i have a new friend who is using them. they don't allow first-time parents to choose the gender of their child, and we've decided that's something we want the first time around--that, and an agency with a local office.
thanks for lookin out for us!!
yay!!
i'm so excited for you guys, and i'm thrilled for the progress you've already made!
oooo... i can't wait!
Post a Comment