Sunday, June 17, 2007

Right between the eyes....


I was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to wake up. My thoughts wandered on over to Ethiopia for few seconds, as they often do these days.....and it hit me, if we are hoping to travel about a year from now and pick up a baby under a year old, our child-to-be is most likely out there somewhere right now, in the womb of his mother. I don't know why I haven't processed this reality before.

What is this woman doing right now on the other side of the world? It's probably appropriate to assume, given that she will be forced to give her baby up, (or that she will die, and someone else will give the baby up,) that she is in a miserable position right now--whether it be due to poverty, disease, or some other factor. Please pray for the mother of my child when you think of us. That God will bless her and give her the strength to bear the unbearable. And that God would protect the little one inside of her.

4 comments:

Mexican Beauty said...

wow. i hadn't thought about that before, either. as i pray for my growing baby i will pray for yours, too...

dawn said...

Jana, your thoughts make my eyes water. My little niece is being formed as I type these words.

How wonderful are Thy works, I know that full well.

When I was pregnant with Zac, I read psalm 139 everyday. I wish I had made time to do it while pregnant with the other boys...nevertheless, it brings such peace.

amazing grace said...

yes, yes, yes. pretty incredible to think about.....God's providence and the connection you feel with 2 people halfway around the world....amazing.

Praying and thinking of your little one!

Hazel said...

We thought exactly the same thought Jana!!
It's incredible indeed...when we started our procedure in Belgium, Jenai Helen wasn't born yet...so strange when you think about it afterwards!

Wish you all the best
xxx