M. and I spent part of today cleaning/straightening for the homestudy.....
I think I've reached an "overwhelmed" point regarding adoption paperwork. Will I ever finish? Lately I'm fatigued in general, due to "all ragweed, all the time," and this bodily fatigue seems to be transferring to everything in my life. So much going on these days. One small reason (among many larger ones) that I'm looking forward to baby coming home to us is that after she arrives, I WON'T be working every night. I look forward to being a family again and actually seeing and interacting with my husband. In that vein, Michael had the day off from school on Friday and we spent pretty much the whole morning and afternoon watching the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice." (Michael just finished teaching Jane Austen to his sophomores.) So good! Michael is SO my Mr. Darcy.
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Yeah!!! So glad you are having your homestudy! It will be great! One more step closer...:)
I'm so glad you had the day together on Friday. It sounds like a perfect low-key day!!!
Will be praying for the homestudy on Tuesday!
That is too cute! I love that you all watched Pride and Prejudice together! I don't think that would ever happen my house :)
And, I know the paperwork gets overwhelming. There came a point in the summer where I took a big break. I just needed some time to not think about it. I think I didn't look at it for about 3 weeks or so. Then, when I started in again, I felt motivated and plowed through everything! It'll happen for ya!!
Jana,
Thank you for your comment on our blog! I'm so excited for y'all! It's so great to hear of others adopting from Ethiopia...especially fellow Texans...hehehe. Feel free to email if you have any concerns or questions along the way, although I think y'all are ahead of us. HA! Don't sweat the homestudy. It's pretty easy, but there are some thought provoking questions that I can prep you for if you'd like! Which person is doing your study?
Congratulations and God bless!
Renee
renee.moak@gmail.com
henokmoak.blogspot.com
You are getting there...so excited for you! Your social worker is going to love you both!
Have a happy Lord's Day,
Jami
I resisted anything Jane Austen-related for *years* due to being subjected daily to the silly behavior of my fellow female English majors in college who pranced around saying things like, "I'll never marry a man who doesn't voluntarily kiss my hand within the first 48 hours of our meeting." Blech. Then in grad school, this freak sat down next to me while I was trying to read and told me he'd memorized the entire first chapter of Sense and Sensibility. When I said I didn't believe him, he proved it to me, ad nauseum, until I got up and walked away.
So if these were the Jane Austen fans, why would I want to bother?
Um, Colin Firth, baby, Colin Firth. I somehow ended up watching the first hour last year of Pride and Prejudice, and my oh my oh my. Colin Firth. Sigh.
Lori-despite squirrely Austen fans, you really should watch the *whole* mini-series. Austen's plot and character development are amazing. :)
Michael is a good man. Joe never wants to watch the whole movie with me, he prefers one espisode at a time. Painful.
I hope the home study goes well today. Sure thinking about you right now...
Oh, I forgot to mention that my Colin Firth obsession (way more intense than my current one with pumpkins) compelled me to finish the series, rather quickly I might add. I went through the whole thing on our laptop while on airplanes. Yes, it was really good. So good that I've watched other Jane Austen stuff now too, even going so far as to *buy* Sense and Sensibility when it was on sale at Costco a while back. So yeah, it's done--Colin Firth made me a fan, though hopefully not a squirrelly one ;)
We need a blog telling us all about your homestudy today. How did it go?
I love the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice" and I knew that the man I married had to at least like it too. And he does...:-)
Good luck getting your adoption paperwork finished! Ours is in transit to Ethiopia now, and I still can't stop fretting about it...
Post a Comment