Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where we stand.

Friends and family have asked us, "What's next?"

Everything for our dossier is basically done, at this point (can I get an amen?). However, we are still awaiting our CIS (Immigration) fingerprinting appointment. So far, we've been waiting about 2 weeks to hear from immigration about our appointment--we've been told to expect 6-8 weeks just to get the appt. date. After we get fingerprinted, (yes, we've already been fingerprinted, but this is different,) we can expect to wait a number of more weeks to get the ever-elusive I-171 document, which states that Immigration has approved of us. That I-171 is the last document that will go into our dossier. The dossier will then make its way through several levels of authentication, which will take several more weeks.

We'd be thrilled if our dossier were headed off to Ethiopia by late Jan./Feb. It could take less time, or it could easily take more. We're praying for the former. :)

Thanks for praying.

9 comments:

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

I love hearing from others who are currently in the process!! It is nice to feel like others are walking through the process with you. Love your Blog!! Can't wait to follow your story!
Erin

Carissa said...

Jana, this is Carissa (Rawls) Kapsalis! How are you?? I found your site when I was reading Katy's blog! I've often wondered about you and how you are doing. So fun to be able to read up on your life.

A Team said...

Hello! Long time no comment. Remember me? (you know Johnn Mazon...)
Just checking in on your blog to see where you are. It's amazing how different each state is. The paper chase is a LABOR OF LOVE isn't it.

I'll keep checkin' in.

Tracie
www.anceletadoption.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Hey, have checked in on you guys a few times before and thought I would post a comment. It's exciting you are working your way through the dossier and I think God uses that time to ripen our hearts for our babes...we are almost in week 15 (on Mon) of waiting for a baby of either gender under 6 mos. Its neat to see other families through the journey. (www.themartinsandethiopia.blogspot.com)

Beau Fournet said...

Jana-

You are getting close! I'll be praying that you get the appointment soon. The fingerprinting place is quite fun in Dallas...

We went back to Queen of Sheba...got some more of that yummy chicken:)

See you soon...

Natalie

Martha Elaine Belden said...

will definitely pray for LESS time!

i'm so excited! it's happening :)

Lori said...

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but our I-117 (did I get those numbers right?) came so much faster than we were expecting it to, and that was such a huge milestone for us. It's such a weird feeling to hold it in your hands, realizing that this little bit of paper is the *last one*. So exciting.

Jana said...

Carissa!!!! Where is your blog? Hi!

Lizard said...

Aah-CIS, my **favorite** government dept. ; ) We are presently waiting on our renewal, that we have to have to travel to China. We are at the point that if we don't have it soon, we may have to call in the big guns and contact our state rep. sheesh.

But you are so close!!!