Gladney, our agency, placed approximately 50 Ethiopian children last year.
Do you know how many families are in process right now--from 'pre-app' to 'waiting to travel??? '
Over 170.
Isn't that amazing? Think of how many individual lives are impacted with that increase.
And if that means that we wait for months longer than we would have....
....then frankly I'm all for it.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Hey Jana Thanks for dropping by this morning!
See now how do you know that about your agency? I talked to our social worker yesterday and she was like "all that information is locked in a vault and only one person knows all the answers to how many and where everyone is on the list"
I was like "well get up and go break in!!"
haha anyways that is AMAZING!!!! Regardless of all the wait it's just great to know that children are being helped and going to loving families.
Bethany :-)
p.s. I'm adding you to my blog roll today!
I like this attitude, Jana.
Jana, just wanted to send along my email to you. I was thinking about some of my favorite people I've met through this blogging community, and you're one of those. And I still want to get one of your prints on etsy, but I've never bought anything from this site yet. loretta_34@hotmail.com
Hi Jana,
Thanks for checking in on us this morning. It's so great to know we are not alone in this, and, as you point out, if we have to wait a little longer as a result of more people adopting (and therefore more children finding good homes), well, it's not such a terrible thing!
That's awesome! I agree...I don't mind waiting a little longer to get our baby because it means more babies being adopted.
wow, i had no idea the number had increased this much. that's great news! thanks for sharing your info and great attitude and outlook.
have a great weekend!
That is AWESOME!! Just found your site. My husband and I are adopting one (and maybe two) little girls from Guatemala. It is such a crazy journey!!
Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com
I feel the exact same way!! At first, when I realized the wait was going to be a little longer, I was sad. Then, I thought about it and realized that it is longer because more people are adopting - and, I'm totally ok with that! :) I'm all for little babies having homes!!
THIS IS GREAT. Our agency AWAA has now about 130 families. It must be crazy in the office. When we started earlier in the year there were few families in the program. I can not wait to see how many children will meet their new parents next year!!! And we will be only few out of the big group. THis is great!
Lenka
Post a Comment