Friday, September 5, 2008

The latest.

Where we are:

1. We are waiting for the Ethiopian courts to open; they close during the rainy season. Hopefully, they will reopen in early October.

2. Then we will be assigned a court date.

3. On our assigned date, a judge will review our documents. Many don't "make it through" on their first court dates, so we might be assigned a new one. Obviously, we really hope to pass our first time through.

4. After a successful court date, we will be given travel dates by Gladney, and begin to make travel plans. Again, we don't know exactly how quickly we would travel; it seems to vary from case to case.

5. Our hope and prayer is to have our little one home by Christmas. This seems to be a reasonable hope.

6. Please pray that we have the sweetest little early Christmas present of our lives.

7. I close today's post with another post by my dear friend Hannah. Hannah is lovely and stylish. Hannah lives in the 'hood. By herself. Near Melissa and her family.






With Hannah.

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks, Jana! I'll be praying for an early Christmas present!

~Laura~ said...

Just read Hannah's blog post....Isn't Jakeem so darn cute. I want him!

dawn said...

Auntie really wants this little one for Christmas. Please, Lord, let it be!

Unknown said...

i love hannah's post. made me cry. also, i think hannah is really beautiful. that's a great photo of both of you.

praying for you to have baby by christmas!!

MissHannah said...

love you sweet friend, and praying for you....lots.

Natalie Fournet said...

We are hoping and praying you get your girl home quickly.

Leah Reeves said...

Congrats on a referral of a baby girl. I have visited your blog many times.....but no comments.
I am excited to read about your journey to pick up your daughter.

Leah

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

Jana, The pink dress you are sending is going to be ADORABLE on her. And she'll see the loving beaming out of your pictures.

Praying along with you.

Also, I was so stirred to hear what Hannah is doing with her life. What an inspiration.

ashley said...

Jana, email me and i'll check to see if i have any pics of your little one from when we were there. my email is ash_flo@hotmail.com

Renee said...

WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Kellsey said...

arg....complete hard drive failure...again. I have lost your email info. I have also lost any discussion we had about visiting in Austin in September. Can you email me again so I can have your email address again? I am so sorry that I keep losing your info! Arg. Arg. Arg!

Colored With Memories said...

An early Christmas present would be great...that'll be our prayer for you guys.

Stop by my blog when you get a chance, I've left a little something for you there.

Dave and Rae said...

Congrats in advance!

As a fellow adoptive parent, I thought to write and tell you about the new guest home in Ethiopia specifically for adoptive parents and volunteer groups for the benefit of orphans in Ethiopia. Now that it is up and running, we would love to share the vision with other adoptive parents. You can see more at http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com.

If you would like to post a link, send me an email at dave@ethiopiaguesthome.com and I'll forward you the information.

Blessings,

Dave McIlrath, MA
Orphan Advocate
Ethiopia Guest Home
More Than a Place to Stay
www.ethiopiaguesthome.com