
If I had two words to describe our lives since returning home from Ethiopia, the first one would be JOY. So much joy, so much thankfulness. Laughter at our funny girl. I can't even tell you.

The second word would be FATIGUE. What with stepping off the plane with a nasty sickness (Ruthie and me,) and the totally separate colds we all three got a few days after that sickness was over, and with Ruthie now on another cold, and with her now wobbly-walking all over the place and being her adorable energetic one-year-old self, and yet still not napping much, and still up at least once a night, I am tired and seem to be struggling to regain energy. (Please, no snark from the moms of five who haven't slept in 10 years, or whatever. :) )
I have some stuff I need/want to blog about, and hopefully, I will soon.


14 comments:
love the updates and pictures! hope we see you soon :)
Lack of sleep IS lack of sleep whatever kid you're on!! You will make it through the haze of lost sleep, you kind of just get used to it. AND now you have a great excuse for any dumb moments, I seem to have a lot of those. We were in Ethiopia at the same time you were. Pretty fun stuff!Congratulations!!
HI! You dont know me but I found your family from the Alexanders blog. We just brought home our daughter from Guatemala in Nov. You can check us out at www.miagraceskiles.com password-Mia. I just want you to know that the exhaustion will ease and soon you will beable to start functioning well again:) Its just that new normal is a little hard to adjust to at first! Your little gal is just precious and I pray that the Lord will lift you up and hold you steady as you transition.
Blessings to your family-A
How'd you know that I hadn't slept in 10 years? Just kidding :)
I hope you get to feel semi-rested again soon. A messed up sleep schedule is one of the hard parts of the transition. It took Nathan a long time to get on a good schedule too...and now he sleeps like a pro. I hope that she will morph into a champion sleeper too as time progresses.
It will get better, I promise. Right around the 6 week mark it seems that health starts improving, and once you are all feeling well, the sleep will come and one morning you will open your eyes at 7am and smile because you haven't opened them since 10pm.
You will all get there:)
Love the new pics!! It does get better, it took Pacey a while too but I am not going to lie...I am always a bit tired:-) Hope I didn't burst your bubble:-)
Oh Jana...you have the most beautiful family!
No snarking here but I feel your pain, lack of sleep is a whip anytime!!
I can't wait to meet her.
lack of sleep sucks. Praying it gets better soon.
Ruthie is adorable!
I so happy to know that the first word is JOY. :0)
i'm a total mess when i don't sleep well at night (especially when it lasts longer than one night). i'll continue praying that she starts to sleep well, soon!!
it was really fun to meet Ruthie and see you and M as parents. you're doing a great job!!
She is so adorable! Despite how tired you are, you don't look tired and you look like the cutest family ever! We are finally getting to travel next week (!). I would love to hear of any travel/Ethiopia tips you have.
Lee Ann
Black hair, green shirt, blue shoes (I think I have that right... my quick recall was never something worth bragging about)- that bottom picture has all my favorite colors combined into one beautiful little girl.
And joy? Utter joy!! I am SO happy for you!
I love the updates and I would say sorry about the lack of sleep but that would mean your daughter wasn't there with you!
Post a Comment