Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Each day, I wait for Dada.





























41 comments:

Tricia said...

so. incredibly. sweet.

Tim said...

At every frame, I said 'That is such a cute picture, that is such a cute picture' until my voice got louder and louder and I pretty much spontaneously combusted by the end.

Heather said...

Wow! That is just adorable!!!!

Rebecca said...

SO sweet.

Julie said...

I love these! That fifth one is my favorite. There is an Ad campaign out here now that has billboards saying,"Take time to be a dad today." I think that photo would be perfect for it. So cute!!!!

Julie said...

Here is a link...
http://www.fatherhood.gov/media/print/index.cfm
Your photos are better.

Lori said...

I echo Mama Dog.

Lori said...

Just looking at it again. And crying.

Lori said...

Quite possibly your best post.

Jess Connell said...

Utterly precious! :)

You know those proverbs that say something like, "there are three things too mysterious, nay, four things that are difficult to understand"? I think one of them could be the way of a tender daddy with his little girl. Watching my husband with our daughter has been an endearing process... and it seems the same in your house too. :)

Meredith said...

I made Ryan look at each photo blown up big. We both agree the cuteness and sweetness level just made our day.

emily said...

Nothing cuter!

D said...

That very well may be the most sweet post I've seen in a while!

Hey...we're going to Ethiopian heritage day at our agency this weekend...want to go?

Unknown said...

Wow...so tender and so artistic--amazing pics.

Julie said...

I, like Lori, keep coming back. Love this post!

MissHannah said...

I've been scrolling through for the last 10 minutes...crying. What sweetness!

I love love love love it.

The Mathews Family said...

so special. thanks for sharing...blessings,C.

Kellsey said...

Oh! I am gooey and melting all over. What a frabjous post! I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!

coffeemom said...

My favorite photo/story/board. Ever. Just toooooo sweet and adorable. Precious and wonderful. Thank you. M

Unknown said...

OH!!! I love this. Ultimate cuteness. She's such a doll.

Natalie Fournet said...

Wow! What a precious slice of life! So much to be thankful for!

Judy said...

I would give anything to have a photo montage of me with my dad at that age or any age. What a treasure you have created for little Ru.

Kimberly said...

Seriously, those are the sweetest pictures!

Lizard said...

That is so sweet Jana.

Faith said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have been blessed by your post. I saw this a few hours after talking with some friends about the security of our Father's arms. I know that I do not trust my Daddy as I should. These pictures have been playing over and over in my mind. I want to be this little girl watching and waiting for my Daddy. I want to be this little girl running with abandon into my Daddy's arms.

~Laura~ said...

so so sweet.

jen said...

Jana, this is so touching. I love it. Beautiful. The 24th was my dads birthday so it was extra special and moving for me.

The Soucys said...

That is beautiful. My fave is also the fifth picture. Love, love, love it.

Sara said...

It was great meeting you and Ruthie today. She's even cuter in person.

Amber said...

Ah, that is so special and I'm sure daddy anticipates coming hpme just as much as she does.

Teresa said...

That is the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time! Precious.

mgm said...

Oh my goodness, these are beautiful pictures. LOVE them!

Nancy said...

Sweet baby! Jana, every day or two I check in to see if you've posted...and usually I am sad when there is no new picture of Ruthie. But I have to say, these days, I just look at the latest post again, and smile. It is perhaps the most precious series of pictures EVER! Such joy!

Hugs...Nancy

Susan and Chad said...

This is absolutely the coolest sequence of photos ever. I'm going to go get a kleenex to wipe my teary eyes now!

Kat & Stacy said...

I keep coming back to these photos...and passing them on to all my friends. I just can't wait to have the opportunity to take pics like these of my kids waiting on daddy (soon we hope!)
ps--congrats on the Big Move! Please keep blogging from ET!

Nikki said...

Just received the email from Gladney. Wow! How wonderful for your family. We are so excited for you and the adventures that await. So thankful for your passion for children and Ethiopia! Blessings to you in this time of transition!

Ryane said...

Jana,

Just read Scott's email. Congratulations! I am thrilled for you guys. Keep us posted.

Ryane

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

I also just received the email and am so excited for you guys. We will be praying for you and your family and can't wait to hear more!!

Renee said...

Jana and Michael,
Congratulations on your new positions in Ethiopia. I'm so excited and happy for you! No, really happy and excited for you!!! This is just SO awesome! Blessings to all of you!
Renee

dawn said...

My heart is full seeing this.

Freda said...

This is one of the sweetest post I’ve ever seen. love it!