Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Provider.

This week, Michael and I experienced God's sweet provision in a miraculous, (and I do mean miraculous,) way. It's actually taken a few days to recover from complete shock! But we shouldn't be shocked, I'm thinking. Because our Father is so good like that.

Here is what our hearts are singing:

Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
Praise the name of the Lord.
Blessed be the name of the Lord
From this time forth and forevermore.

From the rising of the sun to its setting,
The name of the Lord is to be praised.
The Lord is high above all nations;
His glory is above the heavens.

Who is like the Lord our God
Who is enthroned on high,
Who humbles Himself to behold
the things that are in heaven
and in the earth?

He raises the poor from the dust
And lifts the needy from the ash heap,
To make them sit with princes,
With the princes of his people.

He makes the barren woman abide in her house
As a joyful mother of children.
Praise the Lord!



-Psalm 113

12 comments:

Shawn and Jami said...

We are rejoicing with you!

emily said...

Love, love, love miraculous events that only our Lord could orchestrate!!!

amazing grace said...

just sent you an email.....let me know if you get it, cuz i am not sure if it's your current email or not........

Mexican Beauty said...

woo hoo!!!!! we are SO thankful for this good news and are also rejoicing with you. who is like our God indeed.

HoodMama said...

Yippee! Praise God for His indescribable gift!!!

Debbie said...

I love it when God surprises us with a gift and then we are surprised and have to remember God said he would supply all our needs! He is cool like that!!!

God bless!!
Debbie Wankel

Lindsay said...

You've got me curious, SP, but I'm thrilled nonetheless!

Kellsey said...

Hey, SP, i've been thinking about you. I just got back from vacation in NC with macon where we hung out with several Davidson Alumni. One of them married a lovely lady and they decided to adopt. They now have twins from Ethiopia. They are a boy and a girl. Their papers say they are 16 months old, but their development is closer to 12 months. anyways, they were precious, PRECIOUS! The couple have only had them for two months now. They had 8 weeks to prepare for twins instead of one.


Anyways, spending time with these two little children from Ethiopia made my heart long all the more for you and Michael.

By the way, could you email me again? When my computer was taken, I lost all of my email addresses and I am trying to build my contact list back up. Please include your home address info so I can start rebuilding my christmas card list again, too! thanks!

Jana said...

kells--thanks for telling me about the sweet twins. our sweet friends shawn and jami--see above--are hoping for little ethiopian twins!!!!

Beau Fournet said...

During this process it has been such a joy to SEE the hand of the Lord....how awesome it is to be witness to HIS works!

A few people from our church, Watermark, have told me to meet you guys. We are having a dinner on October 12th at our house for area families in an Ethiopian adoption program. You are welcome to join us...email me if you like.

Hazel said...

Hey you guys!
Here's an interesting link:
http://www.ethiopie-boek.nl/

It's about a brand new photobook that's out and it's called "Ethiopia, powerful and vulnerable".
It's published with the Ethiopian Milenium and is now briefly available in Dutch...BUT afterwards it'll only be available in English!! So maybe you will be interested.
With every book that's sold, an amount will go to Ethiopian projects.

We already bought it last week and it's a really beautiful book with magnificent pictures.

Take care
xx

ps: love to read that you're both such spiritual people...we too are strong believers!

dawn said...

Have I told you lately how excited we are for you? It is so like the Lord to do something like this for you. I stand in amazement.

The other day I was driving to pick up the boys from school and a song came on the radio, cannot even remember what song it was, but it got me all choked up thinking about this sweet little niece of mine. I get all tingly just thinking about it.