Tagged by Angie--thanks Angie!
8 Things I’m Passionate About...
1. Following Jesus.
2. Learning to love better.
3. My husband.
4. Traveling pretty much anywhere.
5. Reading.
6. Working with children.
7. Christian missions.
8. "Travelin' light," so to speak.
8 Things I Want To Do Before I Die...
1. Live overseas.
2. Live with Michael to see our great-grandchildren.
3. Go back to playing the piano.
4. Live in the same town as my best friend.
5. Become a proficient cook. Actually, I just want to not hate cooking.
6. I would love for my parents to have many, many years with their grandchildren.
7. Have an open, hospitable, loving home for all who visit.
8. Grow in real wisdom.
8 Things I Say Often...
1. Geez Louise.
2. Yeah, babe? ( in response to a student's "Mrs. F.?")
3. That's fine.
4. Hey honey, would you walk the dogs?
5. Hello, Mr. Lee! (with a little bow to my asian boss)
6. Goodnight, Mrs. Choi! (with a little bow to his secretary)
7. lots of so-called "verbal garbage"--umm, uhh, yeah, etc. Sorry, Dr. Brunson!
8. Good grief.
8 TV Shows I’ve Recently Watched...
1. Simply Ming and various PBS cooking shows
2. Dr. Who
3. The Amazing Race
4. Martha Stewart
5. Lonesome Dove miniseries
6. Good Morning America
7. I work at night, and we don't have cable--I've run out....
8. I got nothin'.
8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over...
1. Bach Cello Concertos
2. King of Pain by the Police--just about anything by the Police
3. Chopin waltzes
4. The Color Green by Rich Mullins
5. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
6. Be Thou My Vision
7. Caleb Meyer by Gillian Welch
8. Make Me Down a Pallet on Your Floor by Gillian Welch
8 Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends...
1. Loyalty
2. Sense of Humour and ability to be silly--10 years ago my friend Liz ran down Broadway in broad daylight imitating a gibbon monkey, (with great accuracy) and I knew we would be friends forever.
3. An interest in ideas and culture.
4. Kindness
5. Gentleness
6. Empathy
7. An ability to be emotionally honest and open
8. The ability to be self-deprecating
8 Things I’ve Learned (or been reminded of) This Past Year...
1. That God is my Provider.
2. That my husband loves me much more than I deserve.
3. That I am saved by grace--I am not under condemnation.
4. That I really enjoy variety.
5. That making art is healing for children.
6. That my hair is really not finely textured anymore. Thanks, screwy hormones.
7. That "whate'er my God ordains is right."
8. That I want love to be my motivation.
8 People I Think Should Do “8”...
Emily, Natalie, Beau, Jami and Shawn, Roxana, Martha, and I'll have to post more names later!!! Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I almost put "The Color Green" too. "Calling Out Your Name" is another favorite. Oh, and what is with hair texture changing in our 30's? I don't like it. Another thing I learned in 2007 is that adoption speeds up the graying process as well. I'm amazed by how much more gray I have now than I did six months ago. Sad.
Love learning more about you Jana! I greatly enjoy you and it is a huge blessing to journey this road together:)
those are all great! I feel like I know you better. :)
i'm totally going to do this :)
great answers... thanks for the tag!
Post a Comment