******************
Now, to adoption. I continue to be genuinely amazed at the love and concern given to us and now, to the Little One, by our real-life community. Out of our real-life community came miraculous provision for our adoption, and I don't use the term "miraculous" lightly or loosely. Our moms and dads, and our brothers and sisters: Scott, Daniel and Heather, Jimmy and Dawn, have prayed for us. Dear friends like Lisa gave us sweet hand-me-downs from little Mat-Mat. All along, my best friend Roxana kept shipping encouraging little packages down from Boston. Hannah brought adorable dresses and an encouraging card. Martha gave us yummy baby skin care products. Melanie gave us an "Owie" doll. Our parents have gifted us with clothing multiple times. People prayed and rejoiced with us over our referral.

(Hannah, Sarah, and Martha celebrate our referral with us.)
But wait, it gets even better and more profound--we have to back up a little in time. In the midst of our adoption process, we have ADDED a community: one passionate about family, passionate about Ethiopia and her children. We have been blessed ten-fold, and we don't even have our sweet one home yet. Lori kept calling to encourage me as the our wait got longer, Laura and Meredith were my biggest cheerleaders online and at the Blog Union, Amy sent me a darling handmade ragdoll and headband in the mail the other day, and on and on and on it goes.
(Amy, Lori, Abe, me, and Courtney at the Blog Union.)So, I guess I'm writing this to say, thank you. Thank for loving us so well. I hope you receive blessings back one-hundred fold for the ways you've cared for us.
Now, we can't wait to get that little squirt home and REALLY celebrate.

(here's a terrible picture I took this morning of a few of the material gifts the little one has received.)

13 comments:
And we pray on...
Thank goodness for all the people God sees fit to place in our lives!
You are so precious, this journey is so precious, this community is the same. Love this post. Thanks for being there to listen to my rants.
Hey! Just came across your blog. My husband and I are waiting for our referral from ET. Just love reading up on others stories. So excited for you and will pray that God works all the details to get your little one home soon!
Abby
oops- it posted twice- that's why I deleted it!
I can't imagine this journey without you & the rest of my blog buddies. I'm so blessed.
we love you SO much, jana (and michael)! and speaking for myself, i can't tell you what a gift it has been to "bless" you in any way... whether with encouragement, baby soap or carrying little ruthie's picture around everywhere i go. because you two have both blessed me in immeasurable ways, and i can't tell you how big my joy is to see so many prayers being answered through your little one.
as i've said and i'm sure i'll say again... i can't wait to meet her!
What a ride. I am going back to make a blog book for Abe and see that you commented on our very first post a year and a half ago!
I can't wait to see you with that sweet baby girl. God is so good my friend and it has been a joy to walk this road with your family. :)
What a lovely post, hope I get to meet you guys at the Blog reunion.
Cindy
Sweet post... So thankful for sweet new friendships like you and Michaels!
Hugs and kisses!
i definitely need to make you some girly bibs. : ) love you and can't wait to see more of your sweet baby!!
Post a Comment