This is a HUGE concern for me too. I can do white girl hair all day long but this is going to be a challenge. My daughter, Addison (bio) isnt allowed out of the house without perfect hair. HA! I'm sure I'm going to be eating lots of words soon. HA! I'm planning on taking a class that a local ethnic hair salon offers. I can't wait to see the faces of the ladies that work there when I walk in. :)
so funny! I actually hadn't thought about it until my sister's co-worker told me that if I have a girl, I am going to have to take her to get her hair done so that I don't mess it up! I did see a book on Amazon once...not sure what the title is, but I remember thinking that if we find out we're having a girl, I may have to purchase it!
From one lily white to another-you can do it!! My mom, who has an african american 6 yr old has people coming up to her all the time on how to do her hair.
Michael and I arrived home with our dear Ethiopian daughter, Ruthie Tagesech, on December 3rd, 2008. We are now preparing to move to Addis Ababa in August 2009. Thanks for stopping by.
7 comments:
This is a HUGE concern for me too. I can do white girl hair all day long but this is going to be a challenge. My daughter, Addison (bio) isnt allowed out of the house without perfect hair. HA! I'm sure I'm going to be eating lots of words soon. HA! I'm planning on taking a class that a local ethnic hair salon offers. I can't wait to see the faces of the ladies that work there when I walk in. :)
sounds like a fun topic to research. =) make sure to put some fun hair clips on your registry!
Rissah loves to do hair and she is pretty good at it...maybe i should have her give you a little lesson.
hannah--maybe you should! :)
so funny! I actually hadn't thought about it until my sister's co-worker told me that if I have a girl, I am going to have to take her to get her hair done so that I don't mess it up! I did see a book on Amazon once...not sure what the title is, but I remember thinking that if we find out we're having a girl, I may have to purchase it!
From one lily white to another-you can do it!! My mom, who has an african american 6 yr old has people coming up to her all the time on how to do her hair.
what an adorable girl!!! and i know you'll do great with her hair!! is there any doubt??? :)
Post a Comment