Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Jesus, Jesus,
How I trust Him!
How I've proved Him
o'er and o'er.

Jesus, Jesus,
precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace
to trust Him more.

We sang this lovely old hymn at church on Sunday. I've been humming it under my breath ever since: as I make out our check to Gladney, as I wonder/worry about the health of our baby-to-be, as I continue to get to know my Korean students and figure out my job, as I send my sweet husband off to his first day of school, knowing how very little I will see him this semester......"oh, for grace to trust Him more."

4 comments:

dawn said...

We ran into the family in our town who adopted the two ethiopian teens Sunday night. It was neat to ear bits and pieces of their story. I hope to hear more soon. One thing the dad said really struck me..."We toured the nursery at the Gladney Center in Ethiopia. I bet we saw your sister in law's baby."

Chills...chills and goosebumps!

Jana said...

I'm so glad you got to see them! So neat that they've seen the care center...I've heard great things about it...

Since we are hoping to adopt a six-month-old, she probably isn't in the care center quite yet. The babies are pulled from government orphanages and placed at the care center when they've been chosen for adoption (as I understand it). So, our baby may only stay in the care center a short time before we pick her up--they'll be "fattening her up." ;) xoxo

emily said...

We had such a great time with you guys. We look forward to trying the one on Greenville sometime! Hope Michael had a great first day of classes.

Jana said...

Emily--We would truly love that.

It's a little more "african" feeling. (The other restaurant, I mean, the name of which I still can't remember!)