Wednesday, August 6, 2008

And Furthermore....

For some really lovely (professional) photos of the Blog Union, go here. Thanks, Drew and Carey!

It was a joy to see all these people! I was a bit concerned that the weekend might actually make me sad, since we're at such a crucial waiting time in our process, but instead, the whole experience encouraged and refreshed me. I felt like people were pouring their "adoption energy" into me; I was running a bit low, you know. I was especially moved by watching the older Ethiopian children play---the ones who'd been adopted at four, at five, at eight. A truly beautiful sight. Kind of got me thinking.

Not to mention that I made it home with an adorable orange felted wool tea-cosy: I mean, is this cute or what? Lori and Ted's housemate, Susan, makes them out of recycled sweaters. She has more for sale. Pop on over to her blog if you're interested--I'm sure she'd ship you one.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute pic of you guys! I'm definitely not missing another BU!

Lori said...

It is so great to hear that you came away from the weekend feeling so encouraged. Ted's peptalk worked then :)
And those tea cozies are really great.

Carol said...

That is a seriously cute picture of you guys! Glad you had such a great time at the blog union. We'll try to find something around these parts to keep you busy until you get the call! Hang in there!
Carol

Eastiopians said...

Hey! Nice to *blog meet* you! Sounds like a wonderful trip! How cool to be able to put faces and personalities to all of the fun blogging. Are you guys waiting on a referral? We are at the VERY beginning of the process.

Amy said...

I have seen all this talk of tea cozies on Lori's blog too... I am no clue what a tea cozy is! Please do tell me. :)

Susan Isaacs said...

Hey thanks for the shout out. That cosy looks GREAT on your teapot. and it'll keep it nice 'n' warm too. Now all you need is the PG Tips or Barry's tea, and Bob's Your Uncle, a fine tea time awaits!