Thursday, August 7, 2008

Former "Lost Boy" to Bear US Flag and A Commentary

Maybe you've seen the film God Grew Tired of Us? Well, if so, here's a great story about the man, a former "Lost Boy," who will be leading the US athletes into the opening ceremonies tomorrow at the Beijing Olympics.

Also from the CNN site, there is a commentary from Steven Curtis Chapman, the Christian singer whose daughter was tragically killed a few months back. He writes about her, Maria, and the many children in the world waiting to be adopted.

6 comments:

J, A, T and Y said...

Thanks for sharing these links!

Julie said...

Yes, please! Consider yourself 'signed up'!

kerri said...

Also, Good Morning America had an interview with the entire family at their home in Tennessee. It came on yesterday a.m., but I am pretty sure you can youtube it. Get out your kleenex's though.

Amy said...

I just watched the Chapmans on Larry King Live... I am pretty sure they could not be a sweeter family.

filoli said...

I can not wait to see Lopez bring in the flag!

Meredith said...

Oh my...how happy I was to see him come in with the flag!