
Here are seven random facts about me:
1. After college, I had a chance to visit a school and an orphanage in Haiti. I actually went twice in two years. Among other things, our team brought several hundred pounds of art supplies and spent several days holding art classes at the school and orphanage. Definitely a highlight of my entire life, and something I would very much like to do again. Maybe this time in Ethiopia. (Hi Kate!)
2. I also interned with an urban ministry right after college. I lived in the 'hood. I loved it. I set up an after-school art program in an old storefront owned by the ministry. It had floor to ceiling windows: an art teacher's dream. The mice that pooped on the art tables every night were NOT such a dream, however. I pretty much got over any and all fear of mice and rats during that period. One time during this period, when I was driving in my 'hood at 3 in the afternoon, a big man standing in his front yard started yelling and waving a semi-automatic handgun at me, while walking toward my car. That was special.
3. Like I said before, mice don't scare me, cockroaches are gross but don't scare me, but moths totally freak me out. It's all that erratic flapping. I hate it.
4. Michael and I are the exact same Myers-Brigg personality type: INFP. It seems to be working out okay. :)
5. I don't like relationship dramas on TV. I'm not very girly in that way. I like thrillers and legal dramas.
6. I am involved in an embarrassing love affair with Taco Bueno.
7. I was homeschooled for five years. It was fantastic. I loved it. And look! I'm relatively normal and everything! I'm well-socialized. Yes, I am.
I am venturing outside the Ethio. adoption community with my tags: I tag Liz, Christina, Kellsey, Lindsay, and Annie Kate. You can answer in the comments if you want.
Hope everyone has a great week. Love, love.

10 comments:
thanks for tagging me! where do i find the original questions to answer?
and, i would LOVE to design your adoption announcement! i was actually going to offer the next time we see you :)
Oooh, I can relate. I had a torrid love affair with Taco Bell two summers ago.
I just ate like 4 or 5 tacos with gobs of that heinous hot sauce on them every night for like a month. Until I gained a substantial amount of weight, of course, which I later ran off, thank goodness...
Yes, it was just another bizarre episode in my world.
Cindy
Hey, Moody and I have the same score too! We were told in a marriage preparation class that we might have a hard time getting things accomplished but we would sure have fun! Think we have done o.k too. :)
Scott told us about a neat opportunity to use art skills with some of the older girls in ET- I can tell you more about it if you want.
Fun!! I've just been updating my blog, so here's to another fun post!
Would LOVE to set up something in Ethiopia and take our girls with us! Maybe when they are five???
Crazy - I am ENFP...
Just caught up on your blog. A very belated congrats!
YAY,,,now let me think...
1. I woke up once with a LARGE cockroach on my nose. It absolutely terrified me. I now have real issues with roaches (not that I didn't already have issues with roaches!!)
2. I LOVE color. Love it. I could spend hours and hours just imagining different colors on walls and how it would affect the room.
3. I have had the privilege of skinny dipping in the Black Sea (summer'97)--don't worry, it was a girls only event under a red moon. it was fun, although sightly creepy due to the red moon part. Eerie.
4. I get really geeked out about sci-fi and about helping people better understand scripture...go figure.
5. I also get geeked out about baby gear (cloth diapers, strollers, slings, carriers, bottles, etc...it's all fun and I LOVE helping my friends who are new to the baby world to register...only if they ask, of course!)
6. I am having a seriously deep love affair with pesto (made from only the freshest and yummiest and tastiest ingredients).
7. I only watch TV from my rabbit ears and from my AppleTV. For the most part, this has been a good deal, and I certainly watch less television than I used to.
Nice list, Jana. I'm INFP too. Makes sense.
I'm putting November 8 on my prayer calendar!!
Who knew you had so much street cred? The waving of the gun might have scared me a tad.
16 days until your court date! That's just a little over two weeks!!
Post a Comment