Monday, October 6, 2008

Update.

1. The courts are open! The courts are open! We don't know exactly what this means for us, but, the courts are open! We are excited for friends like the Fournet family and the Winter family, who will FINALLY have their court dates soon.

2. We finally ordered a crib! Yay! It's a cherry Jenny Lind.

3. This makes me cry with joy. Please pray for this family. Read this for background.

4. Last week, we received pictures and videos galore of our little one. Thank you, Meredith and Grace! The videos have officially been watched 903 times, and counting.

5. Speaking of the little one: she continues to gain weight with every update we receive. We are SO thankful.

Hope all of my adoption buddies have a good week.

12 comments:

emily said...

So excited!! I can't wait to celebrate and pray on your behalf for a successful court date. Not too long-- I will want to stow away in your suitcase for sure. :)

christina said...

i'm so excited for you both and the little one! i'm really glad that we are getting to know you as you're in the midst of this whole journey and i can't wait to meet your precious baby :)

jen said...

How great to get an update! I'm so glad to hear that she's growing and doing well!!
Can't wait to see her face and hear that you've made it through court. Yay for the crib! We also have a Jenny Lind but ours is white.
take care,
Jen

~Laura~ said...

I'm so excited! I hope you get a court date SOON! I'm also very excited for Farmboy & Buttercup.

Amber said...

So great that you got video! I can only imagine that you wanted to jump through the screen and get her.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the shout out :)

I was thinking about you today and hoping we really make it through court this time so we can take some pictures of your baby girl for you! How fun. Especially since our kids are already buddies :)

D said...

Hope you get your court date soon! I'll be watching! We have court on Friday and are so nervous/excited/crazy.

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

Praying for SUCCESS and a trip to Africa soon!

Kellsey said...

YEA!! the courts are open! VERY exciting. I hope and pray you will get a date soon!

Lori said...

I had the same joyful feeling when reading about Farmboy and Buttercup (we met the twins when we were in Addis). I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear about court...not as much as you are, I know, but still: I'm with ya.

Natalie Fournet said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! I am praying with great hope that you bring sweet girl home soon!

Jennifer said...

i just realized i might have pics of ruthie...send me an email if you want me to look jjelst@gmail.com
here is to hoping for a court date SOON (and a successful one at that)