Saturday, October 25, 2008

About the little one.

I haven't yet shared any of the sweet updates we get on Baby R. Here a few tidbits:

At 8 months:

"R. is dreamy! She is cuter in person than pictures can show and has a personality to match! She is doing very well developmentally and only needs to complete these skills on her chart, by the end of the 8th month: object if you take a toy away, clap hands or wave bye bye, walk holding on to furniture and stand alone momentarily. R. obviously has the energy and desire to develop and grow, and will continue to flourish over the coming months!"

Did you catch that? She's "dreamy." *sigh* And if she's cuter in person than she is in pictures, I don't know if we'll be able to handle all the excessive cuteness.


At nine months:

R. "loves to sleep, and makes the most of every nap, and is quite groggy when she wakes up. When she does wake up, she spends her time playing with toys in her bed, and when outside, developing her balance. She hasn't quite been able to stand alone, but can for a split second. After such trying tests, R. just wants to be held. She has two bottom teeth that are coming in nicely, and a full head of hair that is almost always held up with hair ties!"

Sounds like we have a sleeper! Yay. And seriously, this child has some hair. I think I'll be french braiding her hair when she's one. ;)

14 comments:

Natalie Fournet said...

I love the "dreamy" too...how precious!

Jocelyn said...

I love these updates that you guys get!! She sounds so sweet and I love that she likes her naps!!

Timothy and Annie Kate Head said...

Know you can't wait to squeeze that little pumpkin!! We WILL be praying up to and ON the court date.

We love you!!!

The Grovers said...

Oh, do you think she would share some of her hair with Amity? What a joy to get a glimpse of her personality and what a blessing that she will be coming to your home already knowing how to sleep! :)

Heather said...

Great updates! She is "dreamy" that's for sure!! I think my little miss M is going to have a little hair envy of your sweetie for a while!

ONLY 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

OOOPS! I mean...

ONLY 1 WEEK, 2 DAYS!!!!
YAHOOO!!

emily said...

So great to hear how well your little one is doing!!

The Redman's said...

Very fun and sweet updates!! I don't know if I've posted before, but I've been following your blog forever. :) I'm very excited for you and can't wait to see her in your arms. (my little one has an amazing amount of hair as well.... she's 17 mo. and I've been french braiding for awhile!! Fun times!!

Rebecca said...

I prayed for a sleeper, but I'm afraid Eli isn't going to be much of one :) R sounds precious! Don't you just love the updates? What a sweet girl!

Drew Carey Show said...

Cannot wait to see pics of this beautiful, dreamy girl of yours with locks and locks of curls!

Amy said...

Sweet R. So happy she is doing well, sleeping, and healthy!

los cazadores said...

Defintely sounds dreamy. :)

Cindy

Jenna Marie Howard said...

Hello Jana and Michael,
I just wanted to stop by and tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I am adopted and have three other adopted brothers and sisters and find such encouragement knowing you are soon to be adoptive parent who obviously loves your child and can not wait to hold you little girl. I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build family style church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!

Jenna M. Howard
-Director of Public Relations
www.Worldorphans.org
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.JennaMarieHoward.com

Kari said...

Jana,
Just checking in..we'll be praying next week for a successful court date!!! "Dreamy" sounds so precious!! We can't wait to hear about the day you are holding her in your arms forever!!!!!!
Blessings,
Kari