Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hi.

Thanks for checking in, everyone. My daily hits have doubled in the last few days. ;)

Honestly, today was the lowest day I've had in our entire adoption process. Tonight I have rebounded, and I'm trying to keep perspective on it all. I think mentally adjusting to "We'll probably get our referral in May," to "We're not going to travel til late 2008 or early 2009," to "Gosh, actually we'll surely get our referral this week, maybe get rushed through court, and maybe travel within weeks--in August!" to "Oh, maybe not. Maybe there's even something wrong?" has been draining for me. Not to be overly dramatic, but my soul felt weary today. I'm thankful for my friends who remind me that while we're waiting on God, He is doing good things in us. He is making us more like Him. He never wastes anything.

Anyway, all that to say, tonight I am peaceful and hopeful and thankful for all of you.

15 comments:

dawn said...

It is not overly dramatic to say you are weary, it is truth. If you were not weary while you wait, then something would be wrong with you. It's a part of the process, I suppose.

Praying right a long side of you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. The wait is so long and those who bless us along the journey with their friendship and encouragement are so amazing.

There are so many days that I just don't want to hope for fear that the day will end, like all do, and I won't have a referral yet.

Blessings

emily said...

It is hard, the emotional roller coaster ride is draining but God is good my friend! Praying for you.

Kellsey said...

Thank you, Jana, for your transparency. I appreciate it and treasure it. I would be weary, too. In fact, I think it's part of becoming a parent. Whether you adopt or are pregnant, your emotions go through this emotional roller coaster where they seem to get whipsawed back and forth beyond what you feel you can bear. Yet, our Father is good and I am glad that he bears all this with us.

Shawn and Jami said...

Love you sweet Jana...thank you for sharing your heart with us:)

Anonymous said...

Jana,
I've been thinking of you all throughout the week... and this week, we happen to have some Bible translators here in our home, working on the first 41 chapters of Psalms, putting them into a language they've never been in before.

As I was reading through and listening to them working on such beautiful poetry and all, I couldn't help but think of you when I read Psalm 13.

How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day?...

Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
...

But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.


God is dealing bountifully with you even now. Giving you both the ability to knowingly comfort those who wait. Giving you both the comfort in your hearts that you will, later, comfort others with when they are downcast and when their hope is held together by a thin string.

We are praying for your referral soon... and I am praying for you to be able to trust in God's steadfast love in the meantime.
~Jess

Rebecca said...

Yuck. The waiting is so not fun. This is such a hard process to go through - such an emotional roller coaster. I remember thinking (in January) that June would be THE latest we would be holding our baby for the first time. Here we are in the middle of July...you just can't even guess.

Sometimes it's ok to just be sad. We're praying for you guys!

coffeemom said...

Jana, You've been on my mind this week. So I posted about you, I hope you don't mind. I'll take it down if you do, but go see. It's gonna happen. Soon. Hang in there, you are in our prayers.

Lori S said...

I'm glad you're feeling better....maybe I'll try some sushi, dark chocolate and wine tonight!!! (o: We're waiting to pass court and I am feeling weary with each day that passes with no news.
I'll pray for you to get your referral soon!

huntington said...

Jana, you are a very beautiful rock --I've never met you, but I'm constantly impressed by the grace and deliberate generosity you bring to this whole "waiting" thing. I hope you and Michael get a nice tableful of chocolate and wine and that in years to come, that's all you remember about August. That-- and that August "was around the time we got _______"

Anne said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I really cannot imagine how trying this time is for you. It seems like you are very tough and able to hang on, keep busy... But, in the end when you are holding that little pincesss of yours it WILL have been worth every minute of the wait. If we lived closer, I'd have my little Lilly give you one of her sweet hugs and a kiss on behalf of all the little Ethiopian girls. I think that'd keep you going for a while.... :)

Just remember, it WILL end; you WILL get your referral! :)

Natalie Fournet said...

I know your blog hits have doubled because of me...I checked way more than I'll ever admit this last week!! I can't wait much longer...

I know this is hard. Know that you two and your sweet girl are prayed for lots!

Lee Ann said...

Jana,
I've been checking your blog like crazy, because I'm about as anxious as you getting a referral as I am about getting a referral ourselves. I misread one of your earlier blog entries and thought you got your referral (my brain kept reading "so did we" as "so we did" on your July 3rd entry) and so I was a little confused for a while! :) I had forgotten how I started reading your blog and was reminded today when I got a phone call from Carissa (Rawls)--we worked at a backpacking camp in CO together years ago--and I was recently trying to locate her. I googled her name and your blog came up! I started reading your blog since we are adopting from Ethiopia too. Carissa told me that we are a lot alike and that we both might be encouraged to talk with one another. It sounds like you have a lot of friends/family who have adopted or are adopting--we're kind of in frontier land here in MO. Keep the posts coming and we'll be praying for you guys.

leeann.dunn@mac.com

m&r said...

Oh Jana. I wish I had the right words to help make this better...

Just know we are thinking of you and praying for you. Since we got waitlisted on exactly the same day, I feel like the journey will not complete until we are both holding our little ones. I know it will be soon.

Judy said...

I wish I had the perfect thing to say to make the wait easier, but I don't. What comes to mind is that even when we can't understand our circumstance we can remember the God is working it out perfectly for us with love. I know you know that already, but I thought I'd say it anyway. :) We are praying and hoping with you.