Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On Mama's Back.

Sometimes I imagine that our daughter is being carried around on her birthmother's back. I hope so. I love the way African mothers carry their babies. And I love slings in general, especially those beautiful fabric ones.

Really--- you must look at these gorgeous photos of babywearing mamas from all around the world. It's worth your time, I promise.

8 comments:

Ryane said...

Love this, Jana! Thanks for sharing it.

Ryane

emily said...

Awesome. I'm having a small sling/carrier obsession right now. I bought a cute peanut shell sling, Moody and the boys got a Psling for me in NYC and I loved the baby Bjorn with the other kiddos, oh and I hear the Ergo is the way to go. I just love wearing them--- great slide show, thank you for sharing.

I can't wait to see your little peanut on you. :)

los cazadores said...

Hey thanks for that link! Those baby carryin' mamas are the best!

Cindy

The Grovers said...

Jana,
Be sure to check out www.peppermint.com. The store is in Richardson, right by Town North Presbyterian. They even have a free class twice a week to teach you how to use the different carriers. If you get on their mailing list, they'll let you know when they're having a sale on gently used ones. Okay, I better stop! I really don't work for them! :)

Rebecca said...

Loving these sweet pictures. It was definitely worth my time to check them out!

Natalie Fournet said...

Beautiful!

Praying I see pictures of you doing the same soon!!!!

Unknown said...

Very cool. I'm all about the baby-wearing. We have two carriers so far (an Ergo and New Native). I'm afraid if we don't get there soon, he'll be too heavy to lug around!

Lori said...

You're right. Those are beautiful photos. I think I see your next print...