Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We've got nothin'....

....so tonight I ate sushi, dark chocolate, and drank wine. I felt better.

It seems reasonable to assume that our referral wasn't ready and waiting with the others..........Michael and I are hoping NOT to be the "(Gladney) couple-who-set-the-record-for-the-longest-wait-yet-for-an-infant-girl." I mean, we'll take one for the team and everything, but we'd rather not. I'm just saying.


In other news, hop on over to Chris and Shasta's: they passed court today!!! Along with 10 other families--this is fantastic news as all of them have been stuck. Go see sweet, beautiful Dagim!

16 comments:

emily said...

Jana- praying for you!! So glad you got the chocolate, sushi and wine tonight. :)

dawn said...

Is there any hurt that chocolate won't heal, for the moment at least?

Praying for our niece...

Amber said...

I see that you deal with disappointment the way I do. Smart women!

Shawn and Jami said...

Having trouble getting on the FBI list...help:)Hoping that Saturday will be a real celebration!!!

Natalie Fournet said...

Praying you set other records, fun ones, like quickest court date and travel date ever...defintely HAS TO BE very soon!

Lori said...

Jana, you are precious. Your attitude during this is commendable, and I totally understand the need for chocolate and wine. I'm thinking of you all the time and hoping that we get to ooh and aah over pictures you will have received by the union. And heck, if not, we'll gorge ourselves on your favorite chocolate, okay?

~Laura~ said...

I'm having chocolate and wine FOR YOU tonight. It has to be soon!

Unknown said...

so sorry you're still waiting...praying for you...

that little Dagim is SO CUTE!!!

Kellsey said...

Jana,
ah, sweet lady, I am so disappointed, and she's not even my daughter! I hope and pray that your remaining wait will be short.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

By the way, I can't remember if I told you this yet or not, but my brother-in-law and his wife are in the official waiting period and have been for at least a month and a half now. They have been told that their referral window is more like 5 to 7 months (and they did not put down a preference for boy or girl). Also, I don't know if the 5 to 7 becomes more like 7 to 9 with the courts closing for a few months soon. Anyways, we had all been hoping for a Thanksgiving travel date for them, but we don't think that will be possible now that their referral window has been pushed back (it used to be 3 to 5 months).

I hope for all of you that the wait will be short.

Jana said...

Hey Kells! I should have specified the "wait for Gladney." Each agency is different. Which agency are M and W using? I'm wondering if it's AWAA.

Gladney, thus far, has not increased their wait time.

Love you.

MissHannah said...

What a coincidence I had chocolate and wine last night (actually not really a coincidence as I have wine most nights). I must have been feelin it with you.

I love you and love your sweet spirit.

Amy said...

Come on phone!!! Ring-a-ling-a-ling!!!!

Sam said...

Gosh that stinks! I am waiting too but only for about 2 weeks! see you at bu 08

Shawn and Jami said...

can't find it...my age is showing:)

mama becca said...

I'm really, really sad that you haven't heard anything yet. Waiting just stinks. I hope and pray that you hear who God has for you, very soon :).
becca

Kellsey said...

Does AWAA stand for America World Adoption Agency? If so, then, yes, that is their agency.

I am glad that Gladney is not having to push back their wait times. That is Great news!